Policy and Strategy
Group companies both at national and international level, embrace the approach of more value with less resources in all its operations.
Sustainability policy of OYAK is implemented in the fields of impact and responsibility as an entity composed of many components including, in particular, the “awareness of future”.
OYAK identifies the risks and opportunities of sustainability by monitoring its activities through internationally accepted indicators, and constantly improves its performance. In this context, it fulfills the relevant undertakings and encourages all its stakeholders towards more ambitious practices.
Our sustainability commitments are;
- To encourage our employees and all other stakeholders to embrace our sustainability policy.
- To support the dissemination and implementation of the awareness aimed at increasing environmental sensitivity in our employees, suppliers and subcontractors in parallel with international developments.
- To identify sustainability objectives that will take our activities one step beyond the legislative requirements by attaching particular importance to continuous improvement with an effective, participatory and transparent management approach.
- To encourage innovation so as to guide our activities and investments with an objective of remaining competitive and contribute to the development of the society.
- To make plans so as to conserve and develop biodiversity in the areas and regions where we engage in activities by also considering the needs of communities.
- To share our performance and future plans through the indicators established within the framework of the transparency principle among our values.
- To embrace the principles of corporate management as an inseperable part of our approach of management.
- To create programs aimed at supporting the motivation of our employees in human resources practices within the framework of the principles of equal opportunities, mutual respect and responsibility.
- To take into account economic returns, social gains, environmental impacts and human rights with a holistic approach in our investments, policies and strategies.
- To implement internationally accepted standards to create a safe environment for our stakeholders including our employees and to make occupational safety an inseperable part of all our activities.
Within the framework of its sustainability policy, OYAK shows respect and bears responsibility for the today’s and future’s needs while moving towards the identified objecitives.
OYAK pursues its activities with the awareness that its existence depends on the continuity of conditions where humans and nature exist in harmony.
OYAK moves with firm steps towards the goals it has identified based on this strategy.